- a domestic violence situation that is abusive on both sides
- someone who is suicidal who wants help but will only go kicking and screeming
- marriage counseling that is WAY above my skill set
- a 5000 person concert with cranky pants publicity people who want to stand in the way
- long-term church visioning (yeah...where was this class in seminary?!?)
In some ways, it's like going back to the beginning of ministry for me...back to when I worked at a transitional living center for drug and alcohol addicts who were mostly middle aged black men who had suffered lots of abuses in their lives, and there I stood, a young, privileged white girl who had no idea what they had lived through.
Back then my mantra was, "It's not about me, it's about God, and as long as I let God work through me, it will be ok." I think it's time for that mantra to become my everyday motto...it is not about me, it's about God, and I need to keep being the vessel for God to use in ministry.
It is challenging feeling like you have no answers and nothing to offer. It's hard to feel like a novice again after feeling like I was doing so well.
Ahh...the joys of ministry