I have a dream
- for a church full of life!
- for a worship service that inspires, challenges, and uplifts
- for children filling our halls and classrooms with laughter, learning and the love of God
- of inclusiveness that claims people diverse in age, race, language, sexual orientation, and culture
- of a church that welcomes people as they are and empowers them to move into God's future
- of a playground that is well-lit, joyful, and loud
- of a sanctuary that is full of people seeking after God and striving to be righteous
- of a church where people gather to know and be known by others in the faith
- of a church that makes a noticeable differnce in our community whether or not those individuals cross the threshold of the sanctuary
- of a church partnered with a community of faith somewhere in the world
- for a church that seeks meaningful and life-giving change for our congregation before our life as a church is at risk
- for a budget that is solid and gives significant dollars to new ministries and ministries that change us
- of a church where we empower and encourage each step of the way
And so I have a dream. I have a dream of being more in a way that draws others into relationship with Christ and develops the next generation of church leaders. I have a dream of a church so alive that the presence of God in our midst is absolutely undeniable.
What is your dream?