Monday, June 2, 2008

The girly 15 year old in me is back....

I'm not sure why, but I've started watching this season of the Bachelorette. It's a bit weird because I've never been drawn in by this particular series. I've watched bits and pieces over the years, but not enough to ever really see how things transpire. But this time around, I'm hooked. I watch DeAnna and all the men that showed up to see her and I can't wait to see what happens the next time around. It's also a very interesting social experiment to try and sift through. I'll admit, I have my favorites. And I'm half inclined to be a nutty woman and send a letter to one or two of those who have left and invite them back to California. Don't worry, I haven't jumped off the deep end yet, but with few dating prospects in these realms, it doesn't seem all that crazy.

Last week I had my best friend from seminary here with me and we watched together. Her husband hates the show, so she was glad to sit down with me as we commented on the guys, their attitudes, their character, and their looks. This week we caught up about things online. It's silly, I know. I can admit that, and mostly I'm ok with it.

We even joked about her nominating me to do the show. I laughed and said I couldn't do it. So many decisions in such a short period of time. Not to mention the fact (I'm not sure I've shared this before...) that when I get really anxious (especially in dating situations), I throw up. It's charming I know, one of my less desirable attributes to be sure. So I could only imagine how anxious I would be at dating 15 men at break-neck speed. I'd easily lose 30 pounds and ruin my esophagus.

Not to mention that once upon a time I met a script writer for the Bachelor and he shared some behind the scenes details about the goings on of the show...and, um...yeah, not so much.

Though tonight, watching amazing dates of Cinderella-esque carriage rides, helicopter tours over LA, and a visit to the observatory...not to mention the line dancing and camp fire I might be game just for some really incredible dates! I think that's probably the wrong motivation, but I'm just being honest.

As we chatted my friend suggested that TBN and JCTV could team up and do a Preacher Bachelorette. I can only imagine what I would get! Let's just hope that the applicant screening people were on my side! 'Cause seriously, that could be really strange and awkward.

No comments: