Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Talking in Circles

So, in addition to the stress of moving, my life seems to be full of silly road blocks. I spent months fighting with my health insurance to provide a service I am eligible for. I've spent months trying to get my auto/renter's insurance figured out and moved to a different office and it's still not fixed. I think 6 months is a bit long to wait for that kind of thing, but then again, I'm just a young fool.

Today I went to take my DVR back to TWC and spent 10 minutes talking in circles with the women there. Turns out TWC sends a bill (with my account on autopay) before they actually charge it to your card. So I was trying to get the charges adjusted and they couldn't figure out what on earth I was talking about. I was so confused. So were they. Finally we got things straight, but OMG was it a pain!

Then I went to the post office to pick up a parcel and get stamps and we were talking about the passport laws. There was a law set up that requires a passport when crossing from Mexico to the US, and it was supposed to start January 1, but was pushed back. I was trying to ask what the new date was, but they were confused. Apparently INS/Homeland security is hassling people who don't have a passport so the post office lady figured it was as good as in effect. I didn't agree. But then she tried to convince me that it was the Mexican border patrol that was requiring the passport. I said no, it was us. She was so frustrated she threw up her hands at the conversation. She thought it was Mexican officials stopping people at the border and not allowing them into the US. Hello?! How does that make sense? They don't really care if people come to our country...but la migra does. It too was circular and confusing.

I'm hoping that once I move I can get out of the twilight zone and things will actually start working and making sense and I can stop having circular conversations.

Here's to new beginnings!

No comments: