Monday, March 21, 2016

Trusting God



At various points in the last few months, God has reminded me that I am to “Trust God” and life faith-fully.  It’s almost like an echo in my mind. Trust me. Trust me. Trust me.  It seems simple enough, but when the storms of life are raging, it’s not as simple as it seems.  

I know I'm supposed to trust God, but I also have this selfishness inside of me.  

"I'll trust you, but you need to show up already."
 "I'll trust you, but I'm tired of waiting." 
 "I'll trust you, but you didn't do it my way." 

On the days I struggle to trust, I try to "preach faith until I have it" (~John Wesley). And I often use music to help convict me.  If I sing it often enough, maybe it will become even more true for/in me.  This song by Lauren Daigle has been incredibly powerful for me in that way. 
The full lyrics can be found here

The chorus is a good reminder for me:

When You don’t move the mountains I’m needing You to move
When You don’t part the waters I wish I could walk through
When You don’t give the answers as I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You!

Even when God doesn't do it my way, I am called to trust.  



No comments: