Monday, August 11, 2008

life is a blur these days...

There's a lot going on and I have at least half a dozen posts rolling around in my head. But for now a brief recap will have to suffice--
  • 4 weeks at the new church and so far so good.
  • Being a senior pastor at a healthy church rocks--love, encouragement, and lots of homemade jam!
  • Meeting my new niece and my new goddaughter--incredible!
  • Writing curriculum for camp in the midst of a move was not the smartest idea I had this year.
  • Asking for help and advice while writing said curriculum was one of my wiser moves.
  • Camp Rocks!
  • The amazing mierda (pardon my spanish) that so many of our youth live through is unreal. Seriously unreal.
  • Getting an antivirus program for my computer (finally)--definitely a plus.
  • Having said program unleash some sort of viral nastiness on my computer--not so much.
  • Wiping the computer completely clean and starting from scratch stinks--SOOOO bad!
  • Finally having my computer back and slowly regaining my e-life...getting better.
  • I have now planted 2 blueberry bushes, 2 boysenberry bushes, several blackberry starters, fresia, and now several watermelon, squash, and peas. I have no idea if any of the last group will produce fruit this year, but I had extra soil and found the seeds my brother had given me, so I figured it was worth a shot.
Still on the agenda for August:
  • Hispanic pastors' retreat
  • Family camp
  • LOTS of church member visits
  • Doctor's appointments
  • finding a vet
  • finding a dentist
  • fixing the sprinklers
  • painting the kitchen, back bathroom, and pantry
  • breaking down the boxes that remain in the garage
  • FINALLY getting the exterminator out to get rid of the dang rats.
  • Organizing the office/craft room at the house
  • Imagining myself with a life and trying to figure out ways to implement it
  • Write a zillion thank you notes...okay, maybe only 30, it just feels like a zillion.

No comments: