Saturday, June 30, 2007

7 things

I received this meme the other day and am finally getting around to it.
My 7 are 7 things you (probably) don't know about me:
1) I hate unloading the dishwasher and folding laundry. I don't mind the washing part of either task, but those five final minutes...they get to me everytime.
2) As a freshman in college I did not believe evolution to be fact. In fact, as I began anthropology "101" (actually the number was anthro 7--same difference), I was irritated that the professor held evolution to be a fact and not simply a theory. I even considered dropping the class but decided at the very least it would be good for me to be stretched by considering other beliefs. By the following year, I apparently came to accept evolution as fact and was arguing in class that the Bible and creation were not mutually exclusive. And then now, while I believe in evolution, when I imagine the "beginnings" the images I have in my head often move between the clean lines of creation and the murky growth of evolution.
3) My pre-seminary career goal was to become a massage therapist.
4) It was only at 24 that I learned to love climbing trees.
5) I love to cook for other people. In fact, I miss cooking for other people. At school I could always find someone to feed! It's been harder to do since moving. My neighbor friends are coming for dinner and a movie next week and gave me permission to cook anything I want since they don't think I can go wrong--sweet! That's a cook's dream!
6) I'm a sucker for a freshly baked chocolate cake (no frosting)
7) I turn into a giddy 15 year old girl when I'm attracted to someone.

No comments: