Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Stress

It has been a busy couple of weeks here at the new church. There has been worship to plan, sermons to write, impromptu trustee meetings to attend, VBS, dinners, lunches, meetings, visitation, hospice care, and funeral planning. I love the people here and I love what I am doing. I feel like it really is a good fit for me despite my initial hesitation. In the midst of it there has also been a week of vacation, a new niece arriving, and camp preparation. Senior high camp is next week and I can't believe it is already here. I am in charge of curriculum and sadly to say, I still have yet to hammer it out. I know I shouldn't admit that, but there it is. It's not that I've been procrastinating it's that I just moved and there has been NO TIME. I can't believe how packed and insane my schedule has been and now that the deadline is here and I know it has to be done, I'm so busy and stressed that I have no energy to do anything at the end of the day and I'm almost resentful of the task I signed up for because I really enjoy doing it. Today is a big funeral (2 services) for a long time member and hopefully once I make it through that (it's the first at this church) then I can spend the next couple of days hammering out curriculum so that camp will be fabulous. Hopefully. Prayers are needed and if you have any great ideas of activities to do surrounding John 4 (the woman at the well) and not thirsting anymore, feel free to send them my way...

May you be washed in peace and free from stress this day.

No comments: