Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Favorite Things Parody



For the last couple of years, we have had joint charge conferences within our mission area.  While I appreciate the time together, I don't always appreciate the lengthy, often random, last minute reporting that happens from each church. This year, I requested, on behalf of parishioners, that we keep it short and sweet.  We had seemingly agreed and then the day of I received an email encouraging us to do a power point (something we agreed NOT to do), a drama, or something else fun.  I was a bit annoyed.  I thought about having various folks share and figured that would take far too long.  So, I decided to go a different route entirely.  I rewrote the lyrics to "My Favorite Things" and we sang our report.  Lyrics are below. 

Path of Life feedings & Sunday morning breakfast
Thanksgiving Dinner, & Showers for the homeless,
Servants in ev-er-y ministry field
These are a few of our favorite things

Fellowship, worship, and then Bible study
Nursery repainting and buildings with roofing
 NA & AA & Karate too
These are a few of our favorite things

Bell choir and praise team and Chancel choir
Youth testimonies and liturgical dancing
 All of our laity doing these things
These are a few of our favorite things

When the pipes burst
When the mic fails
When there’s graffiti
We simply remember our favorite things
And then we don’t feel so bad.

No comments: