Saturday, March 8, 2014

Facebook Fast



This year for Lent, one of the things I've given up is Facebook.  I've found that I use it far too often to distract myself, procrastinate, or just pass the time and thought it would be good to reengage with my world by disengaging with Facebook.  Lent started Wednesday, so that means it's been 4 days without it.  And so far, these are some of the things I've done instead:

Cooked extra meals and tried new recipes
Cleaned the house
Purged extra toys and too-small clothes from Ruth's room
Started blogging again
Worked on a couple of quilting projects
Mended some clothes that have been stacked on a chair for months
Written love notes to my husband
Written another letter in my journal to Ruthie (Last entry was almost a year ago, so it's been awhile)

Emailed, called and texted friends and family

It's only been 4 days but I've definitely reengaged my world and am grateful for all that is getting done and all the things I'm enjoying, even though it's been a very busy week!

No comments: