Monday, April 23, 2007

Discernment

Over the last week I have been thinking through a discernment issue. I thought I had it decided and then prayed for a "loud and clear" message from God, and one came (contradicting what I had originally thought), but I still have my doubts, "maybe this is what they want rather than what God wants." So I returned to listening, hoping for clarity (loud and clear). Today I received another confirmation, and again I thought "is this God, or is this them?" Apparently I am waiting for a billboard. I know, I know, the words "thou shalt not test the Lord your God" are ringing in my head, but I'm not trying to test (I don't think), I am seeking true confirmation. So, as I write this and as you read, I ask for your prayers--that those affected and interested would be prayerful and wise in their discernment and that I would be willing to truly hear God in all of this.

No comments: