Tuesday, February 19, 2008

All aflutter

I have a confession. I've fallen in love. I'm giddy and I sing a lot and occasionally break out and dance. I've fallen head over heels in love.

I was talking to a friend awhile back and she was asking about my love life. Single at the time, she asked what characteristics I wanted in a partner. I said I wanted someone who was: honest, compassionate, caring, pro-active, creative, a good listener, intelligent, faithful, a Christian, genuine, full of integrity, dedicated...oh yeah, and it wouldn't hurt if he were funny too!

We sort of giggled at the length of my list and the tall order of all my requests. We sat a moment and then she said, "You need Jesus!"

We both fell over laughing. Quite certainly Jesus fits the bill for the man of my dreams--humble, kind, compassionate, dedicated, concerned with issues of justice, articulate, genuine, and...in fact he can walk on water! Yep, I think I'm looking for Jesus. Who wants an ordinary man when you can have Jesus?! I mean really. I love his body (the body of Christ that is...), he meets my needs, he goes with me to family affairs, he helps me keep a steady head, he draws me into being a better person, he challenges me with regard to my flaws but yet loves me in the most dynamic and full way possible. He joins me in sorrow and in joy, he's not afraid to deal with my emotions, and doesn't believe I'm "too intense". He'll even come with me to church, talk about faith issues, and even pray with me. What more could I ask for?

For now I'm enjoying the warm fuzzy feeling of being in love. It's quite nice, really. You might even want to try it. And while ordinarily I'm inclined to rail against "sharing" your special someone...in this case, I think I can make an exception...okay, so maybe a couple billion exceptions...minor really in the scheme of things. 'Cause this man is so incredible that he can fully love me and you at the same time. Shocking I know. But it's true and he's so great, I'm willing to share. So go get swept off your feet by this amazing and indescribable person!

No comments: