Friday, February 22, 2008

Is this it God?

(written years ago....though the sentiments have returned from time to time...)



Is this it God?

Is this what you called me to?

You want me to work with your people

As an imperfect vessel being patient with them in their intransigence?

Are you for real?

Are you sure my call was to church work?

Not like I expect them to be much different in another line of work

But at least in the secular they don’t attribute everything to you or the devil

There’s some appropriation of responsibility

God, I can hardly imagine a more frustrating line of work

I would like to see the benefits

Of serving your people right now!

I am having a hard time

Please God give me patience, compassion, and understanding

Both for your people and for myself.

Amen.

No comments: