Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Morning Prayer

Merciful One, Bind this day in love. Cleanse my spirit as I wash my body. Rid me heart of all impurities. Take from me all residue of anger, hurt, and unforgiveness. Give me courage to fully accept what you offer from the cross rather than linger in ideas of vengeance, pity, or woundedness. Give me courage to be made whole. Fill my spirit with your joy, your light, your compassion. Open my eyes that I may see the world as you see it--help me see hope and promise where there is despair, healing where there is brokenness, justice where there is injustice, and beauty where there is darkness. To the great I AM--the one who was and is and is to come, help me to see with the fullness of you. Shine on me. Shine through me that I may be a reflection of your light always and everywhere. Amen.

No comments: