Friday, October 12, 2007

Sleeping In

this morning I got to stay in bed until 7:45!! That was super exciting. Lately my dog has been waking up at 5:30 or 6:00 and whining or scratching in her kennel until I let her out and take her downstairs to go to the bathroom. On occasion I get to come back up and get back in bed, but there is simply something lost once you've been up and walked around the apartment complex so your dog can find the appropriate 3 inches of grass on which to relieve herself. But this morning there was no fussing, no scratching just pure silence perforated by doggie breathing (though not her typical snoring) such that I got to relish the warmth of my covers in the cool fall air, stretch and wake up slowly rather than dragging myself out of bed at o-dark-thirty for a potty stop.

Just remember, it's the little things in life!

No comments: