Friday, December 21, 2007

Dating season

I've come to the conclusion that at the age of 26 I started producing a new type of pheromone, which prompts people to think I need to date. In addition to more offers than I have had in 10 years, combined, I also have parishioners thinking up whom I should date. "My doctor". "So-and-so....he's nice." "that nice looking man who was here on Sunday..." It's interesting to say the least.

I mean, I'm not opposed to dating, it's just odd how the group thought of those around me seems to be that my time has come. Too bad their standards don't match mine. I've decided 30 years age difference is too much, where they have not. I decided years ago I would not date a parishioner, again, we're not on the same page. I'd really like to date a man with strong faith and discipleship practices, again, not a requirement for others when it comes to my life.

I should probably be grateful others are trying to help me seeing as how I generally avoid dating like the plague and don't do a whole lot to help myself in this department. But mostly I just blush, laugh, and think "Oh, Lord!"

Ahh the joys of being a single pastor.

No comments: