Saturday, September 29, 2007

The sabbath ritual part II

To my body:
Forgive me my sister for I have not loved you with my whole heart.
Ashamedly, sometimes, I have not loved you at all.
Forgive me for resenting you or for wanting to trade you for someone else's.
Forgive me beloved one.
Forgive me for not trusting your instincts or your passion to care for me.
Your violent outbursts were but an act of warning and protection and so often I have ignored you. Forgive me I pray.
As I change my approach and try to honor you and hear your cry, forgive me.
Forgive me for putting you in knowing danger and for not running when we were under attack. I cannot erase those moments; I can only hope to do better by you in the future.
I am grateful for you and all that you offer me--
constant companionship,
assurance,
joy,
comfort,
warmth,
healing,
protection,
desire,
newness of life,
renewal,
rest,
and wholeness.
Let us be whole.
Let us be one.
Amen.

No comments: