Thursday, September 13, 2007

Super stoked

I spent the last couple of days at clergy convocation and had a marvelous time. After letting go of resentment last week, I have been feeling great. I see that right now there is no major chaos at my church, my personal life is on the up and up, I've had a recent vacation, I have a plan for the next few months of ministry and am working on extending the plan---life is good! I am so amazed at how wonderfully blessed I feel and how well things are going. On the way home tonight I was reveling in the joy of the present and thought, "maybe this is the calm before the storm", which was promptly followed by, "well, if it is, then I am going to enjoy this before I have to struggle through another storm."

This morning as I caught up with a mentor/friend/pastor he asked how my ministry is and I responded with an unconscious shrug of my shoulders, "really well." His response: "you don't have to be apologetic about it. I know sometimes around here it seems like you do, but really, you should be proud of it and enjoy it!" Amen. It is a really good thing that my ministry is going so well. It is great I have volunteers, it is great we have new ministries underway, it is great we have visitors to youth and to the Latino ministry service...it is all so great! And for that I am thankful!

No comments: