Wednesday, May 7, 2008

And that's what it's all about

It has been one of those weeks. The kind where you deal with everything you wish you didn't have to as a pastor--bureaucracy, manipulation, half-truths, and legal issues. I have been super overwhelmed and busy that I can't even think of writing a post. Well, I could, but mostly it would be me sorting through my issues, which isn't exactly what I want to be posting. But today was a good day that reminded me of why I do ministry. We had a good Bible study this morning, I crossed a ton of items off my to-do list. I enlisted new leaders for our youth group, I visited a woman who is in a rehab center and tomorrow will help her find a place to be since her insurance is running out. And I got to teach a study that went well (especially considering the fact that I didn't know I had to teach until last night and I didn't know what I would teach until this afternoon).

I have this thing where I feel like everything I know everyone else knows already. So I rarely feel like I have anything to offer. I know it's weird. I don't know why it is, it just is. So tonight I tentatively prep'd my study on spiritual gifts imagining everyone raising an eyebrow and looking at me like I'm an idiot for covering things so mundane. But, instead, no one in the group had ever done a spiritual gifts inventory and people interacted well and hopefully learned something. It was fabulous and filled me with joy--Oh yeah! that's what my call is about! That's what happens when I actually do what I'm called to do rather than second guessing people and muddling through the mire that has been coming my way.

3 cheers for living your call: Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!

No comments: