Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Prayer of my heart

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Blessed be the Lord, who has heard the voice of my supplications! The Lord is my strength and my shield, in whom my heart trusts. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

You did not give me a spirit of fear O God--let my confidence rest in you. Wash my heart in peace. Show me your grace God. help me to see your people as you see your peole00with clarity, love, compassion, and understanding. help me to see not just actions that hurt and offend but also where the person is coming from: motivations, hopes, wounds, and expectations.

Protect me Lord from invasion by the enemy. May your blood be my shield against all evil that comes my way. Help my focus stay true to you and the calling you have placed on my life.

Strengthen me that I may act with integrity and honesty and that in so doing I would glorify you and be an example of a faithful and humble servant who is gracious and forgiving even in the most trying of circumstances. May I not stumble. May I sing praises to you Lord Jesus all the days of my life.

In the name of the one who was and is and is to come. Amen.

No comments: