Thursday, May 15, 2008

Spiritual assessment

*Right before lent I was in a spiritual funk, if that's what you call it. While leading a prayer workshop, I had others write prayers, I wrote the following:

Lack of focus
Inattention
boredom

Are these symptomatic of my broad-scale spiritual state? God is this momentary?

Have I become unfocused, bored, and inattentive in general?

Is the kink and pressure in my back symbolic or representative of a kink and impositional pressure in my spirit?

How is it with my soul? Really? While I feel balanced and good, am I really?

How can I focus my spirit? How can I garner new energy? How do I garner something even from the obvious, boring or lackluster?

What is God saying to me right now?

That I am ready for a new challenge in my faith walk00that it's time to step it up and move to the next level.

What is the next level God? What does that look like? How do I get there?

Deep breathing
fasting
time in the Word
dedicate prayer time and use the book ends of prayer

Clear your head. Dedicate your heart and press forward.

You're too critical, it impairs your ability to receive from others with grace.

Lighten up!

Be gracious, even with your peers.

How can I lead if I cease growing and learning?

Listening for God's voice:
challenge
affirmation
peace
assurance
persistence


No comments: