Friday, February 9, 2007

3 things

Chai tagged me for this, and at first I was so excited, like I was the first person to be picked for softball during recess, and then I thought, oh no, what if she meant her other friend Deb? and I had the feeling when you see someone and they smile and wave, so you smile and wave back and then they walk right by you....(this is known as overthinking things!) and then I decided I was overreacting, and that even if Chai did mean the other Deb that she would tell me she meant me....cause she's cook like that! So here goes:

3 things that scare me:
1) snakes
2) hurting others
3) being attacked by a tiger while I am out walking... ;)

3 people who make me laugh:
1) My brother in law
2) my nephew
3) Michelle

3 things I love:
1) hiking, walking, and exploring (especially if there is someone to talk with along the way)
2) Sitting on my dad's lap (yes, still.)
3) Nuzzling

3 things I hate: (including my own)
1) racism
2) prejudice
3) ignorance

3 things I don't understand:
1) the power of prayer
2) hate
3) all those math lessons Karl used to tell me about in college

3 things on my desk:
1) a sewing machine
2) canisters to do fun stitches with said machine
3) fabric??

3 things I'm doing right now:
1) Listening to music
2) Drinking Kaluha, coffee, and milk on ice
3) digesting dinner (cashew shrimp curry)

3 things I want to do before I die: (I'd be satisfied with my life doings if I died tonight, so these are just added bonuses)
1) Go to Macchu Picchu
2) Travel around India
3) Get married and be a mom

3 things I can do:
1) cook
2) give massages
3) listen

3 things you should listen to:
1) God
2) affirmations & compliments (a.k.a. "warm fuzzies")
3) Music you can dance to

3 things you should never listen to:
1) hate (it tends to breed like wildfire)
2) the creaks and moans of a house when you are home alone
3) self-doubt

3 things I'd like to learn:
1) how to be a really good pastor (who empowers and fosters discipleship and personal growth in the congregation
2) how to make really good (and authentic) Indian food
3) to fully accept all offerings of grace

3 favorite foods: (for the record, limiting this to three is nearly impossible)
1) pancakes
2) Indian food from Madras in Atlanta
3) Freshly baked chocolate cake--no frosting

3 things I drink regularly:
1) Water
2) Coffee
3) Freshly squeezed fruit and veggie juice

3 shows/books I watched/read as a kid: (wasn't a big reader until after HS, so...)
1) Cosby show
2) Murder She Wrote
3) Saved by the Bell (I must have seen each episode AT LEAST three times)

3 People I want to tag: (this is hardly fair as I only know a few bloggers)
1) Revcamp
2) Forever a Gringa
3) Endangered Species Church

1 comment:

Chai said...

silly woman, of course i meant you! the other deb doesn't have a blog. and even if she did, i wanted to hear your thoughts on this. :)

and india and indian food from the south..man, this is why we are soul mates. :)