Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Three again

About two weeks ago I had gone over to our new mom's house (from the church) to take her two younger girls to the park so they could have a few moments of solace. I pulled them in their wagon and we had fun playing on the swings and going down the slide. There were some other young girls there and the two I had were perfectly at ease playing with the others. They were friends simply because they liked to slide together, swing together, and play tag. Period. So simple. Some days I wish I were three. I could just walk up to someone in the grocery store and say: "Will you be my friend?" Or we could walk, play tag, swing, whatever together and I would have a new best friend (not like I'm looking to replace the current one).

Clearly, I am having trouble with the isolation of a new place, new job, new everything, but yesterday I got to forget about all of that. Sunday night I drove 2.5 hours to the beach to see my best friend who has just moved down here. She and I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning talking (even though we talk nearly everyday). We spent Monday shopping, walking, talking, and with her pushing me around Target on the shopping cart. I'm a simple girl really, I don't need much to amuse me. She and I laughed as we lurched and squeeked around turns and got all kinds of strange looks from the other customers. It was good to be able to relax so fully. We walked on the beach at nearly midnight and had a grand time falling into our old routines.

I guess I got to be three yesterday! My old soul certainly enjoyed being a kid again. =)

No comments: